Totalul afișărilor de pagină

duminică, 19 mai 2013

How I has robbed in Dubai 2013 !


Is Dubai a safe city? Or how  I was robbed in Dubai!
A story drawn from 1001  nights or even Aladdin.
Thursday, May 2, 2013! A day that started nice and  ended badly.
After we visited the Gold Souk, Spice Souk and took an Abra ride on the Creek, we decided to go back  home by Metro. First, we tried to find a Taxi, but no chance.
Friday is holiday and rest day in Dubai. So I said to change some money for the weekend. And I changed money at an exchange office.
I was relaxed, everyone assured me that Dubai is a safe city, burglar free!
So I changed money and I stood on the sidewalk and displayed my wallet without any concern.
We headed to the subway. I put my  wallet in the backpack protected by two zippers.
Position was as follows: my boy in front, I in the middle with my backbag, behind my wife for protection.
In Burjuman Metro station it was very crowded. The time was about 18.30. The train entered the station, but we could not enter inside the train because of the crowd. We weren't the only ones who could not enter. A few more people from  India or Pakistan could not enter. Or?
The subway itself is a work of art. It is fully automated and has no conductor. Has glass doors on the platform and the ends and fronts are reserved for Gold cardholders. Follow the entry only for women and the entry for people with handicap. Like in Romania, all these are not respected!
Time : 18.39. A new train approaches the station Burjuman (red line) in the direction of Jebel Ali.
Again crowds, then suddenly a guy pushes my wife aside and after a few seconds he goes to the next door. I hear my wife saying: the backbag is open and there's no wallet!
In a split of a second and I see the reality: backbag opened and no wallet. We run after the guy. A lot of people looked at us very strange. And no trace of the thief.
I begin to shout: Help, Police, I was robbed!!
Everyone looked at me like crazy. Everybody was like paralyzed, or in a hypnotic trance. ""Stollen"" was the word that no one understood!
A Romanian crying for help. He was robbed. That's a paradox!
I hear a voice behind me which advises to get out at the next station and go to the police.
That's what I do. Get off at Karama metro station!
There I find a subway employee and I ask for help.
Very calm he invites me to follow him. Meanwhile I watch the ceiling and I see that there are many video cameras. I think about 20 on a platform.
When I entered  in Dubai, I have been retina scanned and also had my face digitally acquired. I thought it will not be hard to find on the recordings what happened.
Than appear two policemen. They asking me what happened.
I start to tell them, still inside the station. After five minutes they invited me in the office of Burjuman Metro Police station.
I expect to see monitors, and digital video recorders. I was confident that will not last long.
They call it "the office". Office? Actually a camera under a desk escalator shabby and some chairs which barely keep themselves.
Not a single computer, no monitor,  nothing!
I started to tell the story again.
To:
The two policemen. 
Chief of Station. 
Another cop. 
After an hour of stories the two policeman began to write down something on a piece of paper (newspaper) with a pen, just on the Sheikh's face. This was the Crime Scene Investigation. On a piece of newspaper. I had already missed my Militia from home.
After another 30 minutes there comes a police car and leads us to the another Police station. The roundabout starts running again. Just me I was let giving the statement. My wife and my child were not worthy to declare something.
And so I gave statement to:
-  Forensics Office, an agent
- Investigation Office, an agent
- Deputy police station.
Than appeared Mr. Mohamed from Dubai's Tourism Police.
I explained that I rented a car online and without  my original driver license it will be hard to get it, almost impossible. 
Do not worry,  assures me everyone. We will give you a receipt and everything will be OK. We're in Dubai!!
At 12.00 at night (after about 5 hours) I was asked candidly: Do you want to open a file??!!!
YES! I said  exasperated.
So I get into a new office to make statements, the 20th time.
And the agent writes and writes to a keyboard. After 10 minutes, in the  meantime I watched  fascinated the policeman typing, he asked me:
What happened Sir?? Please tell me the story from the beginning.
I believed I would explode!
And I repeated again my story.
At one point he calls coworkers. Him, with a key in hand, another colleague with key in hand, go to a Closet. And there, after unlocking simultaneously, they get out four A4 sheets of paper.
And feed the printer.
?????????? For 4 sheets of paper???
And there was something in Arabic! And something comes up in a Google translate Romanian. That was the dignity department (police) and papers had been lost (translation).
I did not know what to do, laugh or cry. My wife saw my stupid face, and asked me nervous : Can't you read or what?! I said: I can, but do not understand! And I gave her the paper. Then I heard a laugh. As a nervous release.
She asks if we can keep the paper. Agent snatch the paper from her hands and crumples the paper. It's for internal use only!
I signed some statements in Arabic. Long past midnight.
I find out  that on Easter Sunday I should present myself to the police in the morning.
At the end they told me: Dubai is a safe city! Enjoy your holiday!
I forgot to mention that the metro policemen got a soda for us and juice for the boy. In apparence very nice guys!
This was the first time I was robbed in Dubai. This was the first time I was robbed in my life, in fact! The second and third time I was "robbed" afterwards by people with white collar!!
Do not forget and do not be stupid like me:
They steal all over the world!!
I later learned that stealing is a fact in Dubai.  The police ties to keep a low profile about this and tries to make people to give up about opening a file and  not press charges!!
Sorry for my poor English!
I am an European citizen! Or not?

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu