Totalul afișărilor de pagină

duminică, 2 iunie 2013

How I was robbed by www.rentalcars.com

After my wallet was stolen in Dubai I was not expecting to be robbed again. But happened quite quickly. Thieves this time were those from www.rentalcars.com. And all with a smile.
Let's see how I got in the situation to remain without car and without money. We decided to hire a car on the internet. I done it a few times and I was an old client of www.rentalcars.com. I wasn't expecting too many surprises. I knew they will keep my warranty money for more then three weeks on their account, but in the end they will  returne to the exchange rate they consider. That's it!
Since the night of the robbery my big concern was not to loose the car rental. And I spoke very clear  about that with the people from Dubai's Police. After 4 hours spent at the Police in the night of the robbery  and another 3 hours in Easter Sunday morning  I received an official letter from Dubai Police with all stamps in the world to show that I own a valid driver license, who was stollen. I paid 60 AED (dirhams) for it. And the police chief and all the officers I spoke with, they assured me that everyone who will see this letter will allow me to rent the car. I stayed calm. Until the day when I had to pick it up. I went to the airport to the rent car company www.thritfy.com . With the voucher, the warranty money and the official letter replacing my driver license. From my point of view I had them all: car payments, a document replacing the driver license and guarantee money. BUT NO!!
Natives at the desk : "NO and NO. The people from  www.rentalcars.com not yet transferred any money to my company and I don't want to give you any car". After a 30 minutes discussion, I went to the airport police. And there I talked to the chief of police. He asked me: Tell me what happened. And I told him the whole story from the beginning. After I told him the whole story he begun to look in his computer to see the evolution of my case. And the screen begun to show dozens similar cases. YES YES in Dubai! Australian, Chinese, Germans, Americans, were on the list of victims of wallets thieves. After browsing  over 100 cases he told me candidly: Still no news, but your papers will appear. And what should I do with my car? I asked. Paper is 100% OK, but we can not force an UAE citizen to do something he does not want. So ............
So I went with tail between legs and started to  write emails to www.rentalcars.com to argue and ask for my money back.  I used my iPhone for mails . You can imagine how easy it was. After an exchange of 10 emails I was announced  that I will not get any money back. I mean: I paid for one week, I didn't receive the car and they took all the money. When on their website the advertise was : We pay you back all your money if you cancel your the reservation. Surprisingly, I did not cancel my reservation. I just wanted the car that I paid for it!
So dear future tourists ! Take extra care. The money is withdrawn from your account as soon as you book and returned ..........
What  I have to do?
Where to complain?
www.rentalcars.com website is registered in UK!
What I did wrong?
I went to the police. I got an official paper showing that I have a driving license and all the officers of Dubai Police said it is 100% legal. Less native people who represented the www.thritfy.com  and www.rentalcars.com! I had the voucher. And I have money for  guarantee!
As it come true Romanian words : Robbed and with the money stolen!
Pay attention to www.rentalcars.com
I was their client and was OK. Until Dubai! Where I paid a week for a car I didn't receive!
One tip? Someone? Help!

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu